Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How shortly after my AM skincare routine should I apply sunscreen?

Most of the time I will be able to apply sunscreen right after my AM skincare routine, which only consists of washing my face with a mild cleanser, using a spray on toner (if I shave that day), and an AM repair serum (Estee Lauder Idealist, to be specific). My schedule recently, however, has me sometimes staying around the house all day or for a long period of time before I go out. Should I still apply my facial sunscreen soon after my skin care routine, or do I have the discretion of waiting? Won't waiting until later in the day make the product less effective and able to penetrate the skin when I actually do apply? Also, I don't ever use a moisturizer in the AM, my skin is too combo/oily for that, I stick to just a sunscreen, and a primer and makeup if I feel like it. Thanks for any advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment